Tuesday, December 23, 2008

People Reading

Recently I made a visit to a clairvoyant psychic for my first reading ever. While he told me rediculous outlandish untruth's such that I have a long life expectancy, will make it rich by inventing a computer program and that I had a close friend die on the back of a motorcyle when I was about 13; there were as many or more legit facts that managed to make their way into our exchange. I have always been a good judge of character (or so I think/thought) and he touched on it, stating he could see in some certain term that I was able to read people well, and we are not talking about my own psychic abilities; which apparently exist. I can point out rotten people. I can sense truism, I can easily detect a genuine soul; and we are not easy to come by. Tee hee. But really, is it really that difficult to read a "book by its cover" per se. Some persona's don't get any more elaborate than a Robert Munsch printed in technicolour, and some others are as brain racking as War & Peace. People wear labels; think LV, DG, CC...drive expensive rediculously small, unnecessarily fast and horrible in the snow high end cars...we know without a shadow of a doubt they are trying to prove status, they can afford 'quality', sure. But on the most part are about as easy to read as Dr. Seuss. Rhymes and all. Stereotypes. Nobody likes that they exist. Albeit the good little one liners that have been created from them usually stir up a good laugh. But really, stereotypes wouldn't be around unless they began with a starting point, a truth that stands to be a reason. I need you to picture me at dinner with 2 of my best girlfriends just a few weeks ago. We'll call them P & A. P is the absolute 'Angel's Advocate'. In her eyes, nobody is trying to do wrong, and has a heart of gold. There is always a silver lining, a chance to be given benefit of doubt, you get the picture. A is str8 from the ghetto. And knows it. She is a 'Strong, Beautiful, Independant Woman' as she has told me profusely for years, and well, with that comes a mouth, an attitude and an opinion to be shared. It's refreshing and fun. If you live in or know of the Toronto area, you know that Jane & Finch is an intersection/area of the city synonymous with questionable behaviour leading to gang violence, project housing, etc., danger lurks. Myself and A are trying to convice P that this area is not 'getting better', has any sort of due respect, and with gun violence creeping ever so high, she tries to convince us that...wait for it..."Just because someone at Jane & Finch is carrying a gun, doesn't mean that they might not be getting ready to go dear hunting". I kid you not. I don't even need to explain any further. P tries so hard to see good in everyone. My sister and I were chatting the other day and while I never really paid any attention I guess, I was telling her that I was at least annoyed that my parents don't have any pride in their home. Ours is not exactly 'a place for everything, and everything in it's place' kind of environment. She reminded me that all of our lives growing up, the house was only straightened up when company was coming over. Is that because the 'rents are worried about how people are going to 'read' them? Face the facts, you are what you are, and keeping a disorganized home does not a 'rotten soul' make. I suppose we all have a life to lead, decisions to make and attempt our closest aim at happiness. Whether it comes out as a children's storybook, an elaborate super long novel or a middle of the road classic, reading is interesting. I choose The Great Gatsby.

Toodles

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home