Sunday, June 08, 2008

Fung Shway

My bed now faces North. At least, when I am laying in it the top of my head is facing south, so I think it's facing north. I'm so not smart that way. So then I had to look into a little bit of bedroom feng shui and see if my chi was going to now be in total disrepair, or my chakra was going to head right for the gutter; as if it was trying to score a perfect 300 anyhow? What I got out of it was that although the Asian Zen masters of whateverness would rather me be on the opposite wall because i should face the door (a mirror's reflection will apparently cure this) what I HAVE got going for me is that my room is in the north part of the house, I have an empty space in the middle of my room and the eastern-most wall of my abode is green. Yay. I don't have hardwood floors or a west red wall, but I have been doing pretty good so far in my 28 years as far as me and my good friends chi and chakra are concerned to be perfectly honest. But what is it that calms and centres most people? I thank whoever invented the alphabet and all that came along with it. I think of songwriting, the outlet it creates for those who are so talented they can make magic out of it, and of course, the much larger audience who find solice in the words. The comfort a simple thought, idea, inspiration or gesture many get out of music is unbelievable. Our good ole' Oprah, she reads, and lately she been readin' a whole lotta self help kinda 'find your inner chi/chakra' business. Whatever kinda reading, whether be fictional that gets you of your current ho-hum-drumness in life, or inspiration in historical literature, interior design magazines, etc. I just think a lot of it correlates back to us being stimulated by the written word. Okay, back to feng shui. Not unlike I would like to get in tune with and educated on birth signs, it just seems that we may be able to gain a bit more grounding if you will by finding what brings us to the centre of calmness within ourselves. Whatever our current level of self may be. Bonggggg.

Toodles

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home