Monday, September 22, 2008

In Charge of Cheerfulness

There are some people that are just inherently happy. My focus here is on the ones that are genuine. It’s not a fake delightfulness, it’s not something that is just ‘auto-pilot’, instead just…there. A part of their modus operandi it is not; on the contrary it’s all natural and a part of a disposition and well-being that is sought after to ensure theirs and the folk encompassed within their circle have the best life encounter possible, for however small or long an amount of time. I like to try and surround myself with these types and on the most part it’s a clear indication that they are succeeding in life with this attitude as the lives and experiences directly related to them are better for it. I read in a book recently that this could be an analogy to the world being black and white, yet their presence shines bright in colour. Don’t go all thinking about the red dress clad little girl in Schindler’s List, instead perhaps think of The Wizard of Oz? Better yet, think about your worst day and the phone call from that friend who you know can brighten it up with a compliment or funny story, and how they are always reliable in that sense. It’s enlightening to say the least. The title of this particular entry was offered to me when I saw a great movie a few weeks ago. It was about a widowed woman who befriended a young struggling artist in bustling Central London when she tripped at his doorstep. Theirs was a relationship of happenstance of course, however each could see the positive influence that could be had on each others lives in a very platonic, jovial and all round refreshing way. When Ms. Palfrey coined the term and delegated Ludovic “In Charge of Cheerfulness” I thought it was so simple, yet a proud and daunting title to behold and one that I can think of but a few people I assimilate with who could also wear it well. I thank you.

Toodles

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home