Sunday, November 29, 2009

Oddly Enough!

Sometimes all you need is a box of Q-tips and a Holy Bible. Just after disembarking our cruise ship on the beautiful island of St. Thomas last month, my friend and I boarded the front seat of an open air tour bus and what do I see proudly stuffed into the crevice where the dashboard and windshield meet? Yep, the value pack, jumbo sized box of cotton swabs and a tattered, open-faced page-marked Bible able and ready to have it's next verse taken in. Their relativity to this particular excursion was something I didn't nor ever think I ever will try to figure out. Our barely English speaking Haitian guide and driver apparently needed The Lady Upstairs to be saturated clearly through his ears as through his eyes? It's these odd combinations and pairings that are the interesting observation here. Big Lady; Little Man. I'll get to that in a bit, but for now keep that on your mind. Just a couple of weekends after getting back from the cruise, I was doing a bit of cross boarder shopping down in the great state of no-tax Pennsylvania where my sis and I came across yet another odd pairing. Right off the freeway, and adjacent to our ever so delightful little hotel was a proud neon-backed changeable-letter sign advertising their sale of 'Pepper Spray and Sugar Free Fudge'. Now the last time I checked, it wasn't exactly customary to garnish the ever so sweet cubed little dessert clusters with a shot of pepper, right? However, when a plaza consists of a Jelly Belly store and a gun/ammo shop, may as well make the most of it. Another odd duo. Alas. Opposites Attract. Yin and Yang. And so on. Is it really these opposing and completely different spectrum's, melding seamlessly that work best in life? So, I present to you Big Lady; Little Man. A term I'm quite proud to admit coining; it works like this. I invite you to take a spin around your local townhouse complex of subsidized housing. We'll call them Tammy and Chuck. She's a foot larger than him. Tall and wide. He has 3 teeth and is never without a beer in hand. He saves room only for the lager. She makes up for it by...let's say fudge a la pepper spray? You get the picture. They however are happy, content, if not meant for each other. One's Yin to the other's Yang. Whatever it is, keep a lookout for whatever strange combos you can and you'll be assured thought provoking questions, if not pure entertainment value.

Toodles

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home