Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Signature Please

TM. John Hancock. An unusual or outstanding talent. In effect, all a signature of sorts. Last summer I accepted my beluga whale status and decided that white was going to be my colour of garb for the season. I think it worked out quite well as the shade and I get along pleasingly so. This plan is set to continue. Purple will not be abandoned, don't worry. Look at any fashion runway, long standing house of 'insert designer name here', or history on their brand and we'll usually notice that a successful and memory worthy mantra remains. The scrolls and theatrics of McQueen, Betsey Johnson's whimsy and pop or Chanel's tailored perfection are all trademarks that have made them famous, lasting and coveted. Vanna White. How many gowns has that girl wore in her life? Consider your sole career for 30 some odd years and undoubtedly fame and fortune being relied upon your ability to turn (or now touch) giant letters on a stage for two and a half hours a week. She's got a wee bit of an unusual, simple, yet lucrative spotlight all her own. Every now and then I get a little chuckle then smirk inside thinking I have my very own TMZ following me around with paparazzi igniting flash bulbs when a grocery or store clerk asks me to sign the credit card slip with my 'autograph'. Perhaps lame, but you have to admit, in a cute eventual self centred kinda way. At 11:11, either AM or PM, if I happen to be glancing at a digital clock and see this sequence; an old friend of mine comes to mind. It's something she has always pointed out and ensured we all make wishes upon. While we don't get to connect in person as often as ideal, it's definitely a quirk assigned only to her personality that regularly has her in my thoughts. A game of cards played with my brother in law and you are bound to hear the declaration 'patented move'. He loves to use this idiom when a lone hand is won in Euchre, or the position of President is overthrown in a friendly game of Asshole. Martha has her stamp on 'Good Thing' and Lloyd likes to tell us 'That's the kind of day it's been', heck I even spew my Toodles dust for all to be annoyed with. Whatever it is you envision as a legacy, embrace it. Make it your own. Sign off and make it work.

Toodles

3 Comments:

At April 16, 2011 at 2:49 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Admirable writing. You’re beyond doubt an expert when it comes to this writing. It is just the first time I visited your site and to tell the truth it succeeds in making me visit here time and again.And yes i have digg your site toodles-goes.blogspot.com .

 
At April 24, 2011 at 1:46 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Superb blog post, I have book marked this internet site so ideally I’ll see much more on this subject in the foreseeable future!

 
At June 11, 2011 at 3:53 p.m., Blogger Kevin said...

so glad you're able to enjoy. thx for visiting!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home