Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Getting Old

The countdown is on. I am going to be 27 in just a few weeks. I think about it every so often and realize that I am getting so old. I am rarely the youngest in the crowd anymore. That was always my thing. Sometimes I feel old, my broken body and aching joints and wonder how the heck do people in their 90's make it all along? I try not to be jealous, but it kills me to see younger people than me who have accomplished more. I also try not to live with regrets, but it's damn hard. There are things that I wish I had done so many years ago, but just haven't. Some of it feels foolish to be embarking on when I am closer to 30 than I am to 20, or kill me now, 25. Tear. Alas, we have this new little miracle man in our lives (my nephew Mark) and it has made things a tad clearer, but is that because it's the way things have always been done? Tomorrow's another day closer to older, wiser? DEATH! So be it.

Toodles

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home