Sunday, February 11, 2007

People Watching

I would think that most people like to do it. I mean, it's not what keeps me wanting to get up every morning, but it's an interesting 'hobby'! I used to sometimes sit in Thistle Hall when I was at Brock University between classes, watching people, listening to their conversations...I could report days and weeks later the going's on in their lives...oddly anonymously. An old friend of mine and I used to spend summer afternoons atop Church St. through the windows of a local joint and do the same thing, it was our purpose for being there in fact. I would like to think it's not to judge, but more observe. Another friend of mine and I recently caught ourselves sitting all comfy in the middle of Yorkdale mall 'watching', but I swear, it wasn't to judge...wink ;) Just the other night I was dining with good friends at The Baton Rouge...nicer restaurant...we ended up being there for a good 4 hours, and during that time we 'observed' the cutest little vignette. An elderly man, late 70's, early 80's came in, sat at a window table looking out at Yonge St. with his granddaughter, she's maybe 8 in her head to toe pink velour track suit and they have the most beautiful interaction. She spends the dinner time on the edge of her seat, fully involved in his conversation, his wisdom transcending into her curious little mind...it was astounding. It's all so fascinating, watching people...I highly recommend it.

Toodles

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home