Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Trees

Now it's not as though they are the passion I have been searching for since circa 1999, but I really do like them. Going through my BC pics, and even the latest that I have snapped over the last year or so I have realized that I am drawn to the big ole' green beasts. I think it might have to do with a little bit understanding their presence and admiring their subtle beauty. Maybe I relate because I am tall. Am I crazy? I don't think so. To think that something with such a complex root structure out of sight, and live beings not all that flashy on the outside with bright colours or features are so important to so many facets of existence. Back to grade 1...we know that trees provide basic but essential living conditions for many species. Shelter, oxygen and natural resources for almost everything alive is a truism. I swear I am not about to go Environmentalist ape shit on us all, I just got to thinking about it thru my small collection of pictures, how odd is that? Just like me. The fact alone that the Earth's largest living organism alone is a network of California Redwoods is astounding. Since I was born I have loved this beautiful old willow tree right at the door of my parents trailer home (yes we have a trailer) and I guess I can relate to their resilience. Year after year, winter after winter coming back to re-bloom, the majority not outshining with spectacular buds of radiant colour or anything; hell even the evergreens keeping their lush green all year long and proud of it even if they have to endure the heavy snow. I guess I should stop now, y'all will fear for my sanity otherwise. Anyhoo, stay tuned for a pic album called Trees...I have enough shots here and there to support it's need.

Toodles

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home