Friday, March 09, 2007

That's the Way It Is

I have pretty much always marched to the beat of my own drum. Okay scrap that. I have more glided to the serene opulence of my own violin. Perhaps entire orchestra is even more appropriate. I was always bold and hard headed as a child. I remember the uproar in grade 2 when I insisted on being a chick punk rocker...oh the drama. And then in grade 8 when I refused to be confirmed...they tried an Intervention. Unsure if because I was born a Taurus, or just because I was trying to prove far too much at the young age, I will never know. I am more laid back and easy going now that I get older. But I still stick to what I believe is right while remaining harmless. It has always amazed me why and when people stick to certain practices and mundane rituals just because of a certain tradition or religious following. Is eating pork really that horrid? Try a nice well done strip of bacon...you will love it! The fact remains that sticking to these principles that have not vanished for years, centuries in fact keeps some people grounded. Many like to know they belong, they have a purpose, a reason. It's all very interesting I suppose. Being raised in such a metropolis as Toronto has given me the ability to explore and question innocently without judgement or mass criticism. I am thankful that others as well can accept my open mind all the while exhibiting the same behaviour. But seriously, salty bacon is damn good!

Toodles

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home