Friday, May 25, 2007

Inspiration

I spend a lot of time thinking, who doesn't I suppose. It's not the kind that usually gets me into trouble wandering amidst the boring dry Sahara-like vastness that is the surface of my brain, but more how I can better myself as a being, enhance the relationship between me and the energy around me, essentially leaning away from the 'just get me thru the day' moments. I've said it before, I'll say it again...I think having a passion in life is important. However, going ape and devoting ones-self to a cause or activity so much that it is self destructive or incredibly annoying or selfish I do not suggest. That attachment that some have to religion is fantastic if it works for them, I just worry when it becomes such a part of their lives that every second word is Godly, all decisions and outcomes are decided by their faith. I can appreciate that writing may be a facet for some, but I think about if there are genious authors' who lock themselves in rooms, not bathed for weeks on end or members of active society because they are so into their craft? Music lovers who are so entranced by the written word set to melody that they lose sight of realistic goals? The woman so attached to and wanting to help her animal kind that she is scorned by the neighbourhood and called the 'Crazy Cat Lady', unable to control how many she helps. It scares me a little to look into the future and see what my life will be like when I find my passion. Until then, I am going to enjoy the little things I find inspiration in...lazy days spent listening to natural flowing water and whispers in the trees...the anticipation of the lives in my latest book and where the characters fate lies...watching my nephew learn new things every day and giving us all hope...Jann Arden's journal...the simple joy photography brings to many...and there the mind goes again, wandering like the Serengeti trying to avoid the drought...thank goodness for blogs, and journals and 'Notes'

Until next time, Toodles

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home