Friday, May 11, 2007

Taken For Granted

I know, I think too much. Most of it is done in the shower, or while driving. You know those times when the mind is idle, it can be dangerous. However, I often get to thinking of insignificant things, yet monumental, simple although complex. Take a look see at a few I have gathered recently...this in large part also has to do I believe with my newer release to really appreciate and strive for the super simple, laid back, sans stress lifestyle. When I'm in the deep dark throws of a violent cold, say that day 4ish when thinking to myself "you know what, if someone covered my mouth in some dark alley with a leather glove I would surely suffocate" cause the nostrils are just not pushing thru any air whatsoever, when the throat feels like there is a little chain gang of nasty ferries going at it with sandpaper...ok you get the picture...well it isn't until that point that I realize how good I have it not being sick, that I take all those other weeks every year healthy for granted. I completely understand that gas is expensive, can't we just sit back comfortably in our air conditioned vehicle and 'put ourselves in the shoes' of the single mother of 3 who takes the bus across town and has no other choice? I have a small television in my room, it was inexpensive, it doesn't have any fancy features or attachments, I am just glad I am able to see it. It baffles people when they see it...do you know how many don't even get the opportunity to watch? When I get on the highway and there's unusally little traffic, I don't realize it until I am well on my way into my routine that evening...when I get a forward that tells me I have to send it on to 40 people or I will suffer a horrid punishment, I am glad that someone thought of me when skimming their contact list...and when I get home late at night from a power walk with one of my good friends, all sweaty and feeling broken, I am delighted at least that I was able to do it safely, on my own two feet and able to enjoy the sights, sounds, smells of my surroundings. I didn't intend to go all Hallmark greeting card or anything on this note, and I guess it's where it ended up, I just want to keep heading in this new direction I have been going. It's making life a whole lot easier.

Toodles

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home