Thursday, June 14, 2007

Changing Days

I tried to keep my mind occupied for the balance of the day, I will continue into the evening. It was my first 'official' day back to work if you want to put it that way, and although most of the time I am simply thankful that I have a fast paced, idle-free position at my workplace, today I was extremely grateful. It was 5 years ago this very day June 14, a dark and rainy Friday that a lot of things changed. I lost a friend whose bond I shared was so close you would consider it 'best', someone so young and vibrant, a soul literally like no other, or rare at least and it changed me. I was fortunate enough to be surrounded by hers and my great family, our friends and the wonderful memories, whether it be in her angelic voice, brilliant view on life and what it had to offer, or just fantastic laughs. Before she left us, I was able to join her at her workplace, I continue to have a great support system in that further extension of people that her and I together knew for such a short time. She changed me while she was here, like she did for so many others. Death is hard for anyone, it's something that I had never had to deal with who didn't collect old age pension. I think I avoid getting so close to anyone since her passing because I am terrified of having to go thru it again. In my 11 month old nephew, who this very second I can hear laughing and giggling just upstairs as his grandparents are babysitting, I have been able to learn to let things in some, see joy in life and many possibilities. I have had great times in the last 5 years, I have taken much that I learned from our dear Michelle and applied it to life itself. I visit her grave often, I share stories with many about her, my memory is long and is forever engraved. I miss her, I like to think it has taught me to take little for granted.

Toodles

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home