Friday, September 21, 2007

Simple Pleasures

Now these are different from 'Guilty' pleasures. One of mine would be the television show 'Thats So Raven' on Saturday mornings...it's cute. Anyhoo, back to simple pleasures. I get a little flutter of happiness when I take the first sip of diet coke after a couple of hours without it, and when I wake up 3 hours before my alarm, check the time and smile knowing I can sleep that much longer. I rather enjoy seeing my name on an envelope in the mailbox and can't get enough when somebody says 'You know, we were talking about you the other day'. The smell of Calgon's Morning Glory and feeling a cool breeze on my skin on a sunny day is splendid. Getting into the lives' of characters in my latest book and wanting to get back to the story is definitely simple, but something I truly enjoy when I have the time...not having to make the time. My nephews constant smile, puppies who are forever inquisitive, short lines at the bank, soft cloth car washes, random sightings of monarch butterflies...you get the point. It's so easy to get caught up in what we think is so incredibly disastrous and unatainable it seems. Maybe I am just not easily stressed, and for good reason. I too am simple and take much for face value -- whether one wants to interpret that as not bright and a follower, well so be it. I have a really really easy life. Simple pleasures are small moments, they don't require a lot of concentration, they are generally unplanned, I like them and what they do for me day to day.

Toodles

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home