Sunday, October 14, 2007

Routine

I am going to try really hard to not be negative here. However, I have been a wee bit annoyed in the last few days when I have had not 1, but FOUR of my friends cancel on me for nights out because they just don't think beyond their routine. It amazes me when people get into such a monotonous cycle of daily living that it becomes beyond comfortable and such, stops them from enjoying something new, something fun and spontaneous, and heck...I'm a hoot (I think)...so they are depriving themselves of time with ME! Okay, maybe they are trying to tell me something? Maybe I'm not the cats ass? Whatever. I kinda like shift work, cause it means my days are always different one after the other. I like to order from the seasonal menu at restaurants, cause I am trying out something new, perhaps foreign to my palate...but different. I would rather say yes to last minute plans late at night, and risk losing a few hours of sleep cause it means I am enjoying life beyond boring slumber. I like to take new routes home in case I might see something new and interesting along the way. I will admit, I've got a shorter than normal attention span, and a pretty bad memory, I even proudly refer to myself as being selfish...but God almighty, please don't cancel plans over something that can be solved by thinking just a teency weency bit outside the box, or possibloy straying from something that may be just slightly different from what you likely are sick and tired of doing over and over with your eyes closed anyhow! That's my piece.

Toodles

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home