Monday, December 03, 2007

Smiles - $Free

I just finished watching Extreme Makeover: Home Edition. When the family was exploring their brand new house, new and clean, overjoyed with excitement and nothng but thankful eyes I noticed I had a great big smile on my face. I was alone, laying on my bed and smiling. I don't know about you, but I remember teeth...and for the most part I see them when people smile. I even remember when someone has a beatiful one, and often point it out, or capture it and keep it stocked in memory. I listen to Cheezy Rock on the radio, and a couple of weeks ago during their 'Intelligence for Your Life' segment it was suggested that when stressed, or scared (driving during a snowstorm for example) the simple act of smiling will decrease your anxiety, etc...and by golly, when I am driving or in a kafuffle, feeling a little blah, whatever, wouldn't you know...it works! Truth be told, when I used to see the bottom of a McDonals menu when it said 'Smiles - Free'...I always thought they called their free toys Smiles...I know...so not smart...and maybe that's besides the point, but guess what, thinking of my naivety makes me smile. I tell people the story of my Mum who always smiles at people on the city bus, yes the TTC in Scarboro...she's taking her life in her hands, but you know, she just might be giving the right person a nicer quickstart to the day, or make them feel a little better about themselves, odd I know, and Gawd Love her, but the woman has a perma-grin. She's a great woman. Bottom line, we need a bit more up-turn than down in our facial expressions if we are going to be a happy healthier set of people. My current thought right now anyways.

Toodles

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home