Monday, December 24, 2007

Benefit of the Doubt

Someone wanted me to give this to them in the last few weeks. I got to thinking...is there really any good thing in Doubt? Benefit equals good thing. How can there be anything positive in Doubt?!? Seriously. I think a lot of us use these phrases as fillers when we don't know what to say at all, or can't come up with an original thought. We are almost all for the most part at some time or another I am certain, victims of this. Awfully Good...does that make ANY sense to you? Doesn't to me. Could we not come up with something a little more appropriate when trying to adject-ify something we taste, see, experience as good than awful? Is awfully even an adjective in that term/phrase/useless and senseless whatever it is? I was never great at grammar...you can probably pick that up in my notes. LOVE/HATE...some would argue, pretty darn powerful words. Lately I have tried to stop using the word love to profess my feelings towards certain things. It's silly really. Do I really love Toni Colette, or McDonalds or my pillow. No, I enjoy them immensely, like them, bleh whatever, you get the point. I love my sister, mother and nephew...little more, this should be reserved for them. When I was younger I used to use the word hate for a lot of people. My mother forever wanted me to stop. On the most part I have done quite well to curb my usage of the word, rarely is it true or appropriate. When someone inevitably almost daily asks me 'How are you'...I seldom say 'Good, and You?' like the general population...most often I respond with something more like 'Great Thanks' and don't ask back. It throws people, they stare at me or stumble and smile, moving on. It's a filler, they couldn't come up with something else original? Maybe I do it sometimes too, but I don't want to; nor am I obviously consciously aware of my pet peeves at that particular time - bad Kevin. On that note, talk soon. Not Merry Christmas...cause that's what everyone else says this time of year cause they don't know what else to say.

Toodles

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home